Who are the Ramones?: My favorite Ramones Songs From the Reagan Era.

I was recently thinking about how much I like some of the Ramones records from the 1980's. Just because their classic period ended in the seventies, it doesn't mean that they didn't still write excellent songs. As someone once said, every Ramones record has one or two good songs. Hell, some have five; this list was difficult because it is hard to gauge my favorite songs, let alone the best. There is much to take into account: who wrote the song, what album it is on, how popular it is among Ramones fans, etc. I have a special place in my heart for Halfway to Sanity, so it has an unfair advantage whether it deserves it or not. I was surprised at how many Richie songs I loved and how many fan favorites that I simply couldn't pass up.
I would love to hear what other people think. I would love to make an ultimate mix of the 1980's Ramones. They might have passed their prime, but they were still kicking ass long past the Reagan era.

The list (In no particular order)

"I Wanna Live"
"Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio?"
"Wart Hog"
"I Know Better Now"
"My Brain is Hanging Upside Down (Bonzo Goes to Bitburg)"
"Outsider"
"The KKK Took My Baby Away"
"Somebody Put Something in My Drink"
"Merry Christmas (I Don't Want to Fight Tonight)"
"Pet Sematary"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Up All Night, or Why I Watch B-Movies

Realities: Jean Shepherd and Randy's Only Defense

Contractions: Henry Standing Bear's Ethical Code