Burnout is Real and New Year's Resolutions

I've really dropped off the map with this blog in recent years due to a few major life circumstances, including miscarriages and job loss. I figure I will record my journey in a series of blog posts, poems, and short essays as I attempt to navigate my issues and write more for the blog. I have been continually working on academic articles and chapters along with editing fiction and hopefully working on my own book proposals for an edited collection and for a possible music/film book. I always have so many ideas, but my follow-through has been lacking. 

Here are my proposals and goals for 2024:

1. Rework my Green Day 33 1/3 proposal in hopes of publishing some of it. Perhaps, I might put it on the the blog like I did with my Drive-By-Truckers Southern Rock Opera attempt a few years ago.

2. Write and publish a CFP on my favorite television show of the past few years for a possible edited collection.

3. Finish the two chapters for edited collections that I am currently working on.

4.  Find homes for two articles/chapters that were not published due to circumstances beyond my control.

5. Write a blog post per week and finish any long-term blog goals that I have.

6. Be honest with myself about my mental health struggles and life circumstances.

7. Overcome my burnout and achieve the goals that I have set for myself without expecting too much or being overly critical of my efforts. 

8. Perhaps, finally set up my teaching page that will contain more of my academic work, sample assignments, etc. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Up All Night, or Why I Watch B-Movies

Realities: Jean Shepherd and Randy's Only Defense

Contractions: Henry Standing Bear's Ethical Code