January-February Film Challenge: A Film For Every Letter in the Alphabet

Film Nineteen: The Sting (1973). I'm not sure how I missed this one since I generally love gambling and heist movies. Paul Newman and Robert Redford are both compelling in this complex Academy Award Winner that includes a number of textbook cons, gleaned from David W. Maurer's equally indispensable, The Big Con: The Story of the Confidence Man. Redford was nominated for best actor, but lost to Jack Lemmon for his role in Save the Tiger. Great acting, a tight script, and a satisfying payoff make this one a worthy watch. I'm glad I finally got around to it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Up All Night, or Why I Watch B-Movies

Realities: Jean Shepherd and Randy's Only Defense

Contractions: Henry Standing Bear's Ethical Code