Track This: Greenberry Woods' "I Knew You Would"

The Greenberry Woods is a power pop band that I almost missed because I disliked them when I heard them on a Huh compilation in the 90s. Years later, I returned to them once I realized how much I loved their album Big Money Item. The band writes catchy songs and follows familiar formulas, yet their songs have surprising staying power.

"I Knew You Would" is a lost gem, capturing what they do best. Raspberries-esque guitar passages and sweet, harmony vocals capture a timeless era in pop music. Check it out.

https://play.spotify.com/track/7vJtcm8Y7PEhDhw0WaqcHT?play=true&utm_source=open&utm_medium=signup-test&utm_campaign=link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Up All Night, or Why I Watch B-Movies

Realities: Jean Shepherd and Randy's Only Defense

Contractions: Henry Standing Bear's Ethical Code